Washington, DC Datathon
The Archives Unleashed Team has partnered with George Washington University Libraries to host the next Archives Unleashed datathon.
This event will bring together a small group of approximately 15-20 participants to experiment with the newest release of AUT (Archives Unleashed Toolkit) and the Archives Unleashed Cloud, and to kick-off collaboratively inspired research projects. Participants will have access to analytics software and specialists, and will be exposed to the process of working with web archive files at scale.
- Ian Milligan (University of Waterloo)
- Laura Wrubel (George Washington University)
- Dan Kerchner (George Washington University)
- Rachel Trent (George Washington University)
- Robin Delaloye (George Washington University)
- Nick Ruest (York University)
- Jimmy Lin (University of Waterloo)
- Samantha Fritz (University of Waterloo)
Team: #metoo Group 1
- Angela Woodall, Columbia University
- Jane Kelly, Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute, Harvard University
- Michael Nashed, Bibliotheca Alexandria
- Sarah McTavish, University of Waterloo
Team: #metoo Group 2
- Yoo Young Lee, University of Ottawa
- Christie Moffatt, National Library of Medicine
- Anna St.Onge, York University Libraries
Team: DC Punk Media Unleashed
- Grace Thomas, Library of Congress
- James Jacobs, Stanford University
- Laura Wrubel, George Washington University
- Oliver Kiechle, Heinrich-Heine-University Duesseldorf
- Ed Summers, University of Maryland
- Gregory Wiedeman, University at Albany, SUNY
- Helena Byrne, British Library
- Shawn Walker, Arizona State University
- Ryan Deschamps, University of Waterloo
- Mario Nakazawa, Berea College
- Chase Dooley, Library of Congress
- Roger Gillis, Dalhousie University
- Rachel Trent, George Washington University
- Jennifer Weintraub, Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute, Harvard University
The datathon will be taking place at the Gelman Library, which is part of George Washington University’s Foggy Bottom Campus.
- Gelman Library is located at 2130 H St NW, Washington, DC 20052, USA
- Participants will be working in the National Churchill Library and Center (Room 101)
- Library floor plans available: https://library.gwu.edu/about/maps/floorplans
We are looking forward to spending a couple of days with our participants. We will be kicking off the event with some discussion around the project and set up of the Archives Unleashed Toolkit. The majority of datathon time will be spent on team project work. A light breakfast and lunch will be provided on both days, and there will be plenty of coffee and tea throughout the event!
Please click the link to download the full Washington Datathon schedule!