The Archives Unleashed team hosted our final datathon in the spring of 2020. Feel free to explore past event pages to learn more about the datathon set up and checkout group projects.
|26-27 April 2018||Toronto, ON||University of Toronto Libraries|
|1-2 November 2018||Vancouver, BC||Simon Fraser University Library and KEY|
|21-22 March 2019||Washington, DC||George Washington University Libraries|
|26-27 March 2020||New York City, NY (In-Person Cancelled)||Columbia University Libraries|
|14-15 May 2020||Montreal, Quebec (Cancelled)||BAnQ and IIPC|
We have had the pleasure of hosting several datathons. The first four pre-dated our Mellon-Funded Archives Unleashed project:
- Archives Unleashed 1.0, University of Toronto, March 2016.
- Archives Unleashed 2.0, Library of Congress, June 2016.
- Archives Unleashed 3.0, Internet Archive, February 2017.
- Archives Unleashed 4.0, British Library, June 2017.
As part of this Mellon-funded project, we have hosted three events:
- Archives Unleashed Toronto, University of Toronto, April 2018.
- Archives Unleashed Vancouver, Simon Fraser University, November 2018.
- Archives Unleashed Washington, George Washington University, March 2019.
- [MOVED ONLINE DUE TO COVID-19] Archives Unleashed New York, Columbia University, 26-27 March 2020.
- [CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19] Archives Unleashed Montreal, Montreal, QB, 14-15 May 2020.
About our Datathons
|One of our key priorities is sustainability: crucial to the project’s success is leveraging an open-source ecosystem. Cognizant of funded projects that run into sustainability issues following a successful launch, we regard regional datathons staged under the Archives Unleashed banner as vital to ensuring broad community buy-in and continued involvement. The datathon model brings together researchers, programmers, visualization experts, graphical designers, and others into one room in order to facilitate their intensive collaboration on a shared project. In our case, programmers, academics, memory institution professionals, and other librarians will gather to work on accessing web archives with our cloud interface.|