The Archives Unleashed project will hold its third datathon in partnership with George Washington University Libraries, 21-22 March 2019. Please visit the Washington event page for more information.
Check to see when Archives Unleashed will be near you…
|April 26-27, 2018||Toronto, ON|
|November 1-2, 2018||Vancouver, BC|
|March 21-22, 2019||Washington, DC|
|November 2019||United States West Coast|
We have had the pleasure of hosting several datathons. The first four pre-dated our Mellon-Funded Archives Unleashed project:
- Archives Unleashed 1.0, University of Toronto, March 2016.
- Archives Unleashed 2.0, Library of Congress, June 2016.
- Archives Unleashed 3.0, Internet Archive, February 2017.
- Archives Unleashed 4.0, British Library, June 2017.
As part of this Mellon-funded project, we have hosted two events:
- Archives Unleashed Toronto, University of Toronto, April 2018.
- Archives Unleashed Vancouver, Simon Fraser University, November 2018.
About our Datathons
|One of our key priorities is sustainability: crucial to the project’s success is leveraging an open-source ecosystem. Cognizant of funded projects that run into sustainability issues following a successful launch, we regard regional datathons staged under the Archives Unleashed banner as vital to ensuring broad community buy-in and continued involvement. The datathon model brings together researchers, programmers, visualization experts, graphical designers, and others into one room in order to facilitate their intensive collaboration on a shared project. In our case, programmers, academics, memory institution professionals, and other librarians will gather to work on accessing web archives with our cloud interface.|